Signature potato side dishes that turn heads and turn profits
Back to Recipes
White Cheddar Boxty Potatoes
Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns #15100 | Yield: 5
Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns #15100 8 oz.
Simply Potatoes® Deluxe Mashed Potatoes #15770 6 oz.
Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns 8 oz.
shredded white Cheddar cheese 1 oz.
water 1/4 cup
butter, melted 1 oz.
all-purpose flour 1/4 cup
salt 1/2 tsp.
baking soda 1/2 tsp.
vegetable oil 2 tbs.
- For another option, substitute any cheese of your choice.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® mashed variety with this recipe.
- In large bowl, mix hash browns, mashed potatoes, cheese, water and butter.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, salt, pepper and baking soda.
- Mix dry ingredients into potato mixture. (Batter should be slightly thicker than pancake batter).
- Heat sauté pan to medium-high heat. Add oil to coat pan.
- With 2oz. portion scoop, spoon potato batter into pan. Flatten.
- Cook 3 minutes or until browned. Flip and cook second side about 3 minutes, until browned.
- Arrange two cakes on serving plate. Serve hot.
- Serving Size (127g)
- Servings Per Container
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 240 Calories from Fat 140
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat 16g 25%
- Saturated Fat 7g 35%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 65mg 22%
- Sodium 580mg 24%
Total Carbohydrate 18g 6%
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 5g
|Vitamin A 8%||Vitamin C 6%|
|Calcium 6%||Iron 4 %|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|