Signature potato side dishes that turn heads and turn profits
Back to Recipes
Sweet Potato Goat Cheese Puffs
Simply Potatoes® Sweet Potato Mashed #17700 | Yield: 4
Simply Potatoes® Sweet Potato Mashed #17700 16 oz.
Papetti's® Easy Eggs® Liquids Whole Eggs #91200 1/2 cup
goat cheese 3 oz.
all-purpose flour 1/4 cup
fresh rosemary, minced, divided 1 tsp.
grated parmesan cheese, divided 6 oz.
kosher salt 1 tsp.
ground black pepper 1/2 tsp.
bread crumbs 3/4 cup
- Serve as an appetizer or signature side.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® mashed variety with this recipe.
- Preheat deep fryer to 350° F.
- In medium bowl, combine mashed sweet potatoes, goat cheese, flour, 1⁄2 tsp. rosemary, 1⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Cover. Refrigerate 20-25 minutes. Potato mixture will be soft. The colder it is, the more firm it will be. Work with cold potatoes.
- Using small melon scoop (about 11⁄2 tsp.), scoop potato mixture into 40-48 balls. Place balls on sheet trays. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- In another medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, remaining 1⁄2 tsp. rosemary
- and remaining 1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese. Mix.
- Prepare about 5 puffs at a time. Drop balls into egg. Coat potato balls completely.
- Move balls to bread crumbs. Roll them until fully covered.
- Place coated potato balls in hot deep fryer. Cook about 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown and hot in center.
- Remove puffs from fryer and drain. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size (236g)
- Servings Per Container
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 490 Calories from Fat 190
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat 21g 32%
- Saturated Fat 11g 55%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 155mg 52%
- Sodium 1560mg 65%
Total Carbohydrate 43g 14%
- Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
- Sugars 15g
- Protein 30g
|Vitamin A 110%||Vitamin C 2%|
|Calcium 60%||Iron 20%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|