Signature potato side dishes that turn heads and turn profits
Back to Recipes
Potato-Crusted Crab Cakes
Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns #15100 | Yield: 7 servings
Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns #15100 1 lb. 12 oz.
Papetti’s® Easy Eggs® Liquid Whole Eggs #91200 2 Tbs.
crabmeat 8 oz.
mayonnaise 1?3 cup
lemon juice 2 tsp.
worcestershire sauce 1?2 tsp.
Old Bay® seasoning 1 tsp.
fresh dill, chopped 1 1?2 tsp.
plain bread crumbs 1?2 cup
- For another option, substitute crabmeat with lobster.
- Serve with a caper rémoulade or stone-ground mustard sauce.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® shred variety with this recipe.
- In medium bowl, combine crabmeat, liquid eggs, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay® seasoning, dill and bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Form mixture into 14 balls of about 1-oz. size. Place on sheet pan. Chill at least 1 hour, but no more than 1 day.
- Coat chilled balls in hash brown potatoes. Make sure potatoes stick to ball and cover completely. Wrap each ball tightly in plastic wrap. Chill at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat deep fryer to 350˚F.
- Place chilled potato-crusted balls in deep fryer. Cook 2-4 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from fryer. Drain and serve immediately.
- Serving Size (171g)
- Servings Per Container
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 250 Calories from Fat 90
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 15%
- Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 50mg 17%
- Sodium 330mg 14%
Total Carbohydrate 29g 10%
- Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 10g
|Vitamin A 0%||Vitamin C 15%|
|Calcium 6%||Iron 6%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|