Signature potato side dishes that turn heads and turn profits
Back to Recipes
Potato and Lentil Soup
Simply Potatoes® Homestyle Mashed Potatoes #15750 | Yield: 4
Simply Potatoes® Homestyle Mashed Potatoes #15750 1 cup
Olive Oil 2 Tbsp
Onion, diced 1 cup
Celery, diced 1/2 cup
Carrot, diced 1/2 cup
Garlic, minced 2 tsp
Red Lentils, dried 1/2 cup
Chicken Stock 1 qt
Kosher Salt 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper, ground 1/4 tsp
Crème Fraiche 2 Tbsp, divided
Chive, fresh, chopped 1 tsp, divided
Carrot, shaved 1/2 cup, divided
- Try chickpeas, beans or other pulse proteins, too.
- Add other shaved veggies on top for bolder color.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® mashed variety with this recipe.
- In a large sauce pot over medium-high heat, add the oil, onion, celery, carrot, and garlic. Cook until lightly browned, stirring often, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the lentils, chicken stock, salt, and pepper to the pan. Reduce to low-medium heat, cover, and cook until lentils are tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Increase to medium-high heat, add the Simply Potatoes Homestyle Mashed and bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- To serve, top 1 cup of soup with 1 ½ tsp crème fraiche, ¼ tsp chive, and 2 Tbsp shaved carrot.
- Serving Size (392 gg)
- Servings Per Container
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 360 Calories from Fat 140
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat 15g 23%
- Saturated Fat 7g 35%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 30mg 10%
- Sodium 810mg 34%
Total Carbohydrate 36g 12%
- Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
- Sugars 7g
- Protein 14g
|Vitamin A 50%||Vitamin C 8%|
|Calcium 6%||Iron 15%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|