Signature potato side dishes that turn heads and turn profits
Back to Recipes
Kielbasa, Kale and Red Potato Soup
Simply Potatoes® Red Skin Diced Potatoes #15170 | Yield: 4 Servings
Simply Potatoes® Red Skin Diced Potatoes #15170 12 oz.
butter 1 Tbs.
bacon, sliced 1/2 slice
kielbasa sausage, sliced 2 oz.
yellow onion, small-diced 1.5 oz.
fresh garlic, minced 1 tsp.
fresh kale, large-chopped 1 oz.
low-sodium chicken stock or broth 3 cups
heavy cream 1?4 cup
kosher salt 1 tsp.
ground black pepper 1?4 tsp.
ground cayenne pepper to taste
cornstarch 2 Tbs.
water 1?4 cup
- Great as a lunch combo.
- Serve with hearty Italian-style bread.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® diced variety with this recipe.
- In soup pot over medium-low heat, melt butter.
- Add bacon, sausage, onion and garlic. Sweat 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add kale to pot. Stir in. Cook additional 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, potatoes, cream, salt, black and cayenne peppers.
- In small bowl, mix cornstarch and water into a slurry.
- Add cornstarch slurry to soup. Stir until blended.
- Bring soup to simmer. Cook 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Serve hot.
- Serving Size (227g)
- Servings Per Container
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 160 Calories from Fat 90
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 15%
- Saturated Fat 5g 25%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 25mg 8%
- Sodium 510mg 21%
Total Carbohydrate 13g 4%
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 5g
|Vitamin A 4%||Vitamin C 4%|
|Calcium 2 %||Iron 4%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|