Signature potato side dishes that turn heads and turn profits
Back to Recipes
Irish Guinness® Beef Stew
Simply Potatoes® Extra Large Red Skin Diced #32001 | Yield: 4-5
Simply Potatoes® Extra Large Red Skin Diced #32001 8 oz.
all-purpose flour 1 Tbs.
salt, divided 1 tsp.
ground black pepper 1/8 tsp.
beef stew meat, 1" cubes 16 oz.
butter 1 Tbs.
yellow onions, chopped 3/4 cup
carrots 1/2 cup
tomato paste 1 Tbs.
garlic, minced 1 clove
Guiness® stout beer 7.25 oz.
water 1/4 oz.
fresh thyme sprig 1
- Perfect as a side dish in a cup or bowl-sized entreé.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® red skin diced variety with this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, 1⁄2 tsp. salt and pepper. Dredge beef cubes in flour mixture.
- Melt butter in sauté pan over high heat. Add meat; sear on all sides.
- Remove meat from sauté pan. Transfer to half-pan or casserole dish.
- Add onions and carrots to sauté pan. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and garlic to sauté pan. Cook additional 2 minutes.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to casserole with meat.
- Deglaze sauté pan with beer and water. Bring to boil.
- Pour beer mixture over meat and vegetables in casserole. Cover.
- Place covered casserole in hot oven. Cook 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Add potatoes and thyme sprig. Cover.
- Return to oven. Cook 40 minutes, or until meat is fork-tender.
- Remove from oven. Season with remaining 1⁄2 tsp. of salt.
- Serve hot.
- Serving Size (236g)
- Servings Per Container
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 200 Calories from Fat 60
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat 7g 11%
- Saturated Fat 3g 15%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 65mg 22%
- Sodium 630mg 26%
Total Carbohydrate 13g 4%
- Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 21g
|Vitamin A 45%||Vitamin C 8%|
|Calcium 4%||Iron 15%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|