Signature potato side dishes that turn heads and turn profits
Back to Recipes
Pork Carnitas-Stuffed Tater Tots
Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns #15100 | Yield: 12 servings
Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns #15100 3 lbs. 8 oz.
Papetti's® Easy Eggs® Liquid Whole Eggs 1 cup
avocado, mashed 4 oz.
ranch dressing 1/2 cup
cumin to taste
lime juice 3/10 oz.
all-purpose flour 1/2 cup
pork carnitas, cooked, chopped 14 oz.
queso fresco, crumbled 7 oz.
- For another option, substitute pork carnitas with chorizo.
- Serve as an appetizer or side dish.
- In small bowl, combine mashed avocado, ranch dressing, cumin and lime juice. Mix well. Cover and reserve in refrigerator.
- In medium bowl, combine potatoes, liquid eggs and flour. Toss until potatoes are well coated.
- Using your hands, combine about 5 small pieces of pork carnitas with 2-3 crumbles of queso fresco. Form a small ball.
- Coat the small meat and cheese ball with about 3/4 oz of potato mixture. Pack tightly. Reserve on floured sheet pan.
- Repeat this process for all tots.
- Place tots in 375°F deep fryer. Fry about 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and drain.
- Serve hot with avocado ranch dressing for dipping.
- Serving Size (226g)
- Servings Per Container
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 340 Calories from Fat 140
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat 16g 25%
- Saturated Fat 5g 25%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 105mg 35%
- Sodium 520mg 22%
Total Carbohydrate 34g 11%
- Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 16g
|Vitamin A 6%||Vitamin C 20%|
|Calcium 10%||Iron 6%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|