Signature potato side dishes that turn heads and turn profits
Back to Recipes
Chicken-Fried Crunch Potato Wedges
Simply Potatoes® Small Red Skin Wedges #12587 | Yield: 4
Simply Potatoes® Small Red Skin Wedges #12587 1 lb. 8 oz.
kosher salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
onion powder 1 1/2 tsp.
garlic powder 1 1/2 tsp.
ground cayenne pepper 3/4 tsp.
all-purpose flour 2 1/4 cups
baking soda 3/4 tsp.
buttermilk 1 1/2 cups
ketchup 6 Tbs.
chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced, with sauce 2 Tbs.
- Great with a variety of dipping sauces.
- Serve as an appetizer or signature side.
- Use any Simply Potatoes® red skin wedge variety with this recipe.
- Preheat deep fryer to 375° F.
- In microwave-safe bowl, combine potato wedges, salt and pepper. Cook on High 2 minutes, or until slightly soft in center.
- In medium bowl, combine onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, cayenne pepper, flour and cornstarch. Blend well.
- In another medium bowl, combine baking soda and buttermilk. Mix until blended.
- In small bowl, combine ketchup and chipotle in adobo sauce. Stir and set aside.
- When potatoes are slightly soft, dredge in flour mixture, 5-6 at a time.
- Dip floured potatoes in buttermilk mixture.
- Dredge again in flour mixture. Shake off any additional flour. Set aside on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Place potatoes in hot deep fryer. Cook 2-4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from fryer and drain.
- Serve hot with chipotle ketchup sauce for dipping.
- Serving Size (208g)
- Servings Per Container
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 230 Calories from Fat 70
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat 8g 12%
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 610mg 25%
Total Carbohydrate 34g 11%
- Dietary Fiber 7g 28%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 5g
|Vitamin A 4%||Vitamin C 10%|
|Calcium 4%||Iron 8%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|